Terms & conditions of Reptiles Day
This registration is to reserve one or more places for the expo. Every place is formed from a table of 2,00×0,70 m
The cost of a table is 35€ + Tax 22%
Number of tickets to reserved tables or equivalent space:
Moreover we supply a pass for the car.
An additional pass costs 7€/table.
For technical reasons the plan of the exhibition as well as the arrangement of the individual exhibitors may change without notice from the Staff.
Payment must be made in advance. The payment details will be sent via e-mail. The position of tables, chosen according to the proposed plan will be confirmed only after payment of the same. Paid reservations and later cancellations will be refunded after deduction of expenses. There shall be no refund in case of cancellation less than 30 days after the event.
Setup for the exhibitors
The tables not occupied until the opening to the public will be handed to others according to our waiting list. If being late, please contact the organizers otherwise complaints will not be accepted.
Further reservations can not be accepted in future from those who reserve tables and without notice do not show up until the beginning of the expo.
During Reptiles Day selling or purchasing live animals is only possible under determinate limitations
- Vertebrates, invertebrates, plants, books and accessories can be offered for sale during the event. Endangered species (CITES, Bern etc.) must have valid documents when sold.
- Animals showing evident or possible signs of any kind of illness must be removed immediately from the table. Reservations of those vendors who try to exhibit or sell evidently sick animals will not be accepted in future. The exhibitors who do not adapt himself to the expected norms after the first warning from the organizers or vets will be excluded.
- Possible to sell animals like : Reptiles, amphibians, rodents and insects.
At least 80% of the animals of a single exhibitor must be captive born.
Followings are accepted:
Maximum 20% of the exhibited animals can be wild catch.
- Captive hatched or born
- Farm hatched
- Possible to sell plants like: Carnivorous plants, Orchids, Bonsais, Cactus plants, Ornament plants
- Possible to sell fossils and minerals that are regular.
- Possible to sell everything needed for keeping and breeding reptiles, amphibians, rodents and insects like: cages, heat sources, light bulbs, substrates, thermostats, decorations, etc.
- Possible to sell books on the subject of reptiles, amphibians, rodents and plants.
- The animals for sale should be handled with care avoiding unnecessary disturbance.
The animals for sale must be exposed. In display cages, terrariums or fauna boxes, a single animal (max one pair) in each enclosure.
The containers must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Sufficient ventilation
- Substrate adapted to the absorption of secretion and suitable for the need of the given species
- The dimensions of the container should make it possible for the animal to turn around without difficulty.
- For snakes: the circumference of the container must be equal or advanced the length of the animal
- For lizards: at least one and the half of the length of the animal
- For turtles: double of the diameter of the carapace
- For amphibians: each side at least triple of the length of the animal
- For the duration of the expo animals must have fresh water if necessary for the given species
- The containers must be labelled as follows:
- Name of the breeder
- Name of the species (scientific name and Italian or English common name if exists)
- Origin (wild catch, captive born, farm hatched)
- Price of the animal
- In case of protected and endangered species the classification of protection according to local or regional regulations (CITES, Bern etc.)
- Approximate dimensions when fully grown up
- Secretion toxicity If typical of the given species
Forbidden to sell and expose or to carry into the Expo animals which are included the Decree ministerial: 19-4-1996, 15-5-2001, 03-7-2003
- Turtles: Macroclemys Temmincki, Mauremys Caspica, Chelydra Serpentine
- Crocodilians: all the species
- Gila monster: Heloderma ssp.
- Monitors: all the species
- Boids: Eunectes Murinus, Python reticulatus
- True vipers: all the species
- Elapids: all the species
- Crotalids: all the species
- Colubrids: Atractaspis all the species, Thelotornis Kirtlandii, Dispholidus Typus
Suborder Mygalomorphae (Orthognatha)
Suborder Labidognatha (Araneomorfi)
- Family DIPLURIDAE
- Genus Trechona (all the species)
- Family HEXATHELIDAE
- Genus Atrax (all the species)
- Hadronyche (all the species)
- Macrothele (all the species)
- Family ACTINOPODIDAE
- Genus Missulena (all the species)
- Family THERAPHOSIDAE
- Genus Harpactirella (all the species)
- Family MITURGIDAE
- Genus Cheiracanthium (all the species)
- Family CTENIDAE
- Genus Ctenus (all the species)
- Phoneutria (all the species)
- Family SICARIIDAE
- Genus Loxosceles (all the species)
- Sicarius (tutte le specie)
- Family THERIDIIDAE
- Genus Latrodectus (all the species)
- Family BUTHIDAE
- Genus: everyone
- Family DIPLOCENTRIDAE
- Genus Nebo (all the species)
- Family SCORPIONIDAE
- Genus Hemiscorpius (all the species)
Exhibitors who try to expose or to sell animals prohibited will be immediately removed from the expo and their reservation will not be accepted in future.
Selling live animals to persons under the age of 14 is possible exclusively in presence and with the approval of the parents.
The sale of live animals that produce toxic secretion is not possible to persons under the age of 16. Except for those that loose toxicity under captive conditions or are born in captivity.
It is not allowed to sell the following animals to minors under the age of 18:
- Toxicodryas blandingii
- Thelotornis capensis
- Thelotornis mosambicus
- Philodryas ssp
- Rhabdomis ssp
- Tachymensis ssp
- Xenodon ssp
- Phalotris ssp
- Boiga ssp
- Scolopendra ssp
It's strictly prohibited to take photographs or video on animals, nor to profit, nor for any other purpose.
It is not allowed to feed the animals at the fair with live rodents and or dead. It's allowed to feed lizards, amphibians with crickets or other insects.
It is prohibited to use or to reproduce the Reptiles Day brand and logo without written permission of the organizers.